Sunday 26 October 2014

SA AoC Two Rivers Urban Park 26 October 2014








How do we get it out there?  Agents of Change is such a big thing, and to be honest, I am very honored to be a part of it from the beginning.  I am thankful that Nicci has shown me that I can be the change that I want to see in the world.  I couldn't have done it alone.  Gandhi once said be the change you want to see in the world. (Rita)








Rippling, reflecting, running,
Seeping, soothing,
Do you carry the litter,
That has become a decoration
Of our world,
Water?
I am sorry that it is
So very heavy,
Your burden,
I would like to help,
I am trying to build up
My strength,
So that I can help
You carry
The weight
Of what we have done
To you.

I need to help make things better in our world.  It is much easier to let things go by without helping.  But in the long run, it is not a proper solution. And yes, I can say that it was not my fault, but if I did nothing, then the fault belongs to me too.  Because if I did not even try, then I cannot blame other people for things I also have not done.  I would like to start with small things.  (Danny)









I'm coming, I'm coming
Into the world to change it
To make people see things differently,
So will you hold my hand
And come with me
To the new world
The one we've always wanted to see.

We could change the world
Together
We, us,
Forever.

(Jemima, Rita and Danny)





A leaf at the bottom of the river brought layers of questions into awareness.  My question goes deeper and deeper now.  How did we forget, become this disconnected from the sense of knowing, the sense of being in the world?  We've lost the connectedness of embodiment, emotion, the relationship to life - awareness of how we feel about the world, life and our own voices.

Knowledge of how these voices can be questioned, even with the best intentions, is what I have become so aware of this past month.  Finding voice, and giving space for that voice, is true democracy.  I realize how important it is to make space for that.  (Nicci)




When looking at the natural wonder of the space we live in, I wonder where all the voices of the people who have lived or shared in these spaces have gone?  knowledge of thousands of years of observing and learning, trial and error, good times and hardships.  I wonder how helpful that would be to us now?  I would love to hear those voices.  (Scott).

Thank you Nicci, Scott, Danny, Jemima , Rita, Mia and Buto !

No comments:

Post a Comment