Monday 8 September 2014

SA AOC group exlporing Gratitude at Hout Bay SA on Saturday 6 September 2014












"The sea wants to kiss the golden shore
The sunlight warms your skin.
All the beauty that's been lost before
Wants to find us again"

- U2 Ordinary Love

I like the harbour, the smell of fish and oil, and the cool breeze from the ocean.  The sound of the sea gulls screaming at each other makes me feel happy.  Our dog stares with wide eyes at everything around us, especially the people.  I'm grateful for the people in my life.  I am grateful that I live in such a beautiful city.  I am grateful to live near the ocean and the mountain.  I am grateful that there are animals and birds everywhere.  I like animals.  I am grateful for all we have when others have a lot less.  I am grateful for all of the opportunities and challenges I get in my life.

Hout Bay harbour is beautiful today.  The sky is blue, and the sun and the air feel as though they are alive within my body.  I can smell fish and oil, and see old paint on the side of the ships.  The mountain, with its rugged rock face has clouds blowing over the sides, fading out over the sea.

Children look into the water.  The colours of the sea are different depending on how you look.  It's green near the surface, and I can see down through the water.  Further out, it looks very blue and warm.  I am grateful for all that is real in my life - family, air to breathe, the sun on my skin, the salt of the sea, the sound of birds, and an awareness of life all around me.

I am grateful for community and also for the awareness that this moment exists, just as it is, with its sounds and its scents, as a lived experience.  And I am grateful that we get to share it.

What a beautiful day.  I am so grateful for my wonderful life, that i have the ability to see, to hear, to smell, to touch, so that I can appreciate the natural beauty which would be so much less astounding if even one of those elements were missing. I would like to think about those that don't have all those senses, and still appreciate life to the fullest.  Brave souls.

Thank you to Nicci Attfield for facilitating this intervention and Scott Attfield for these fine images!

http://nicciattfield.wordpress.com/2014/09/07/agency-and-the-power-of-co-creation-agents-of-change-sa/

No comments:

Post a Comment